Saturday 29 September 2007

mall hopping

I can now confidently say that I am a shoe addict. Although it sucks when you have to share the shoe cabinet with the rest of the family.

Today's new place to explore was The Gardens at Midvalley. Honestly I never knew that it was being constructed. I only found out about it two days ago and I thought I must pay this place a visit.

The Gardens was expectedly posh, somewhat like StarHill when I went there ten years ago. There were gazillion of people walking across the path which connected Midvalley Megamall (yet another shopping mall) to this newbie and I felt as if I was entering BEP's concert hall. Once entered, the interior of the mall dropped my jaws as it was beautifully designed. The line of shops sell things which was beyond my budget so I only had a good window shopping session.

Since the selection of restaurants were still very limited, I had to return to the shoe-heaven-Megamall for some food to break fast with. It was more than an hour before the breaking fast time but oh-my-lord, the queues were crazy at all eating places. I was even thinking of settling for snacks from Carrefour but thankfully there were some empty tables at this pricey italian restaurant. At least I didn't have to delay dinner.

At the restaurant I sat across this family of three just a meter away from me. They ordered their food just before I did mine but somehow my order arrived first. Both the family and I were waiting for the time for break our fasts and when it was time, their food still had not arrived. It is of course not advisable to delay breaking fast but I thought I was being rude for eating in front of them considering that they sat on their table first. The thought of offering my food to them popped up my mind but do people actually do that? So I ate my pizza quietly.

When their order came 10 to 15 minutes after we started eating, I noticed that their pizza was the exact one we ordered! Oh the horror. The scary part was that I was facing the man of the family. I could see clearly the dissatisfaction upon his face, his anger reaching its boiling point. I sped up with the food and left the place as soon as I could.

Then I happily headed to the old sweet One Utama.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jun-ie!! selamat berpuasa first of all.. hows m'sia??? feels like ages since we last talked!! are u ever coming back?? i was over at fara's this weekend..sabrina was in edin from dublin.. fara cooked nasi ayam..she has a hidden talent i must say! i miss the marchmont girls times!! hope ur well.. jeles siot ur back in m'sia for ramadhan and raya!!! xxx

Yazmin said...

dar-ling! hehe did you hear about the pavillion..i read that the parkson pavillion has 10,000 square feet of shoes! ahahaa..lets goooooo....

jaygee said...

naw: heeeey! fara and her cooking eh? i should really come back soon to try out her famous nasi ayam. it's been a long time since we've talked and met, and i hope to catch you reaaaaly soon. x x x

mynn: hola! ooh i did hear about the new pavillion! a must go but during weekends its keraaahzee la. i want to buy shoes i want to buy shoes i want to buy shoessssss!