Tuesday 25 September 2007

tired, no?

Can you actually believe that I was at one point sick of going shopping? Have you ever heard of the saying: if you are looking for something, you won't find it?

I was nearly on the verge of breaking down yesterday in the heart of KL when I was supposed to get my Eid dress (Baju Raya, orang Melayu call it). Honestly, I have never bought a pair of these Malay traditional clothes by myself so you can imagine how lost I was trying to decide which cutting I wanted, what material I prefered, and what price range was reasonable. I was completely hopeless and in fact scared to be there. I was as if in a foreign country somewhere in South Asia.

At the end of the day, I managed to get a decent pair of baju with a lot of sweat on my back. I wasn't very happy because there was still so much to shop for - Eid, weddings (to attend, don't get excited just yet), and of course the preparation for the beginning of my career. And because there was so much to think of, I got tired of shopping and wished I didn't have to do it for a long long period of time.

Today, I was dreading to go shopping (I had to do it as I was running out of time). Surprisingly after two hours in the mall, my weird sickness of hating to shop has recovered and err.. I started to buy unnecessary things. I now have made a promise to myself to not spend for the next two weeks. Whoever who reads this, please be the witness!

Quoting from someone: "Girls and shopping, it's like irama dan lagu".

1 comment:

Annie said...

not spend for the next two weeks? we'll see