Wednesday 26 September 2007

officially not a fan


As for today, I am officially not a fan of the all techy cameraphones. Frankly, I have never got so excited of having a mobile phone with a built-in camera. I'm probably contradicting the nature of my profession, but sometimes I do prefer things to be as simple and traditional as it possibly can. So let the mobile phone be the device for you to receive and make calls and txt messages.

I was taking the LRT back from the city centre today and I noticed this boy (or a man, why would I care?) across me holding his phone upright in front of his face. Tell me who write his txt messages like that? If I'm not mistaken, the phone used was one of the Sony Ericsons and his camera shutter was down. I knew for sure that my picture was being taken but what was I to do? I only moved further away from the dude.

I won't deny that cameraphones have their benefits. A few years back, I used the cameraphone technology to help our committee members prepare for the then upcoming event. Time was running out and we had to buy a roof for our Malaysian kampung house. Because the designer of the house was not with me when I shop for supplies and because I didn't know what type of roof he wanted, the cameraphone saved our time. So it's no doubt that cameraphones can come in handy.

Cameraphones can help to solve crimes, can lighten your handbags because of the 2-in-1 feature, can do this and that, yada yada yada... it's all good. But what about respecting people's privacy?

I'm talking mainly about the pervs out there. I have heard many times that some sneakily take a snap up girls' skirts when dining. Like my case today, being photographed just in front of my two eyes by a person I don't know. Compliment? Maybe. Flattered? F**k no. Freaky? Absolutely.

So please keep away your cameraphones from me. I ain't no celebrity.

3 comments:

Annie said...

being photographed by a stranger? sounds like it happened before, isn't it?

wait, or it wasn't you. i can't remember...

Anonymous said...

there are many sickos out there! kesian you selalu kena stalk! :(

jaygee said...

what to do. a disadvantage of being a girl. *sigh*