Thursday 6 September 2007

new addition


This is not as exciting as having a new addition in the family as such having a new nephew or niece.

Last Tuesday, my little sister decided to follow my footsteps of having fishes as pets. With her own two ringgit, she bought a pair of moon fish, slightly bigger than mine and have orange and black tails. She was so excited about them and wanted to have a separate fish bowl just for her two brand new fishes.

I left and came back an hour after my sister brought back these 2 new lives into our home and I couldn't help but check them out. Instead of swimming up right like how fishes normally do, hers were swimming sideways. I knew it wasn't right so I quickly transferred them into my bowl of fishes. Moments after I did, these 2 new fishes went berserk. One actually sank onto the base of the bowl and hang about there. The next moment it decided to move, it laid on the floating leaf in the bowl. I knew that was it. The real nyawa-nyawa ikan. And it died not more than 2 hours in its new home. Poor fish.

Thankfully the other fish is still alive and kicking. A bit to agressive for my liking because my four fishes are not as crazy as this newbie. And by the way, they're a week old now! I am actually capable of taking care of pets.

No comments: